Skip NavigationView Sitemap

History of the company AKON Werkzeuge GmbH

  • 1940: The company Adolf Kober Werkzeug-Maschinenbauteile is set up in Ostfildern-Nellingen as a "one-man band".
  • 1965: The company decides to specialise in the production of taps and threading die clamps. The AKON brand was born.
  • 1990: Once Roland Kober obtains his Master Craftsman's Certificate in 1987, there is nothing stopping him taking over the reins, which he does on 1 January 1990. With just two other members of staff, the tiny Nellingen-based company takes orders from all around the world.
  • 1998: Production expands to include die heads under the Raster & Bosch name. The company takes over the Rubometric range and expands and enhances production of screwing dies.
  • 2014: As the company has always produced parts under contract from time to time, even when it was still Adolf Kober Maschinenbauteile, this segment is developed into a second pillar and on 1 February 2014, the company took over the contract manufacturer CNC Ristau eK at Sindelfingen. The workforce it inherits allows it to serve major clients in the contract manufacturing sector. At the end of the year, the entire company headquarters moves from Ostfildem to Sindelfingen.
  • 2019: AKON Werkzeuge GmbH is taken over by Mr. Immanuel Kober.
+49(0)7031 - 73 10 23
Back to top